Key Dates & Racing Information
please read the qualification and general rules in conjunction with the amendments
Entries Open – Monday 14 June
Close of Entries – Monday 19 July at 14:00
Substitutions – the names of any substitutions (subject to Rule 16) should be sent to email@example.com by Tuesday, 27 July.
List of Entries – available on the website on Thursday 29 July
Crews Required to Qualify (if applicable) – available on the website on Sunday 1 August
Qualifying Races – although the 2021 Entry is expected to be lower than usual, if more entries are received for any event than the number permitted, the Committee shall arrange Qualifying Races to be held at Dorney Lake on Saturday 7 August. Due to the current pandemic, and as a means of limiting the risk of spreading the infection, this event will take place with no spectators, ‘behind closed doors’, and we kindly ask supporters not to travel to the venue.
The Draw – Sunday 8 August. As a change to the norm, this year’s Draw will not be held at the Town Hall in Henley-on-Thames but will take place ‘behind closed doors’. It is our intention to broadcast the Draw live and we will provide more details closer to the event.
Because of the rescheduling of the Regatta some Amendments have been made to our 2021 Qualification and General Rules. We have also put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help guide you through the process.
We strongly encourage you to email the Entries Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about eligibility.
- All Rules regarding eligibility for events at the 2021 Regatta will be applied as if the Regatta were taking place on its original dates, i.e. 29 June to 4 July, and as if the Closing Date for entries were 14:00 British Summer Time (BST) on Monday 14 June.
New Closing Date for 2021
- Entries for the 2021 Regatta will close at 14.00 British Summer Time (BST) on Monday, 19 July.
- Any eligible member of the boat club of a secondary school which, solely because of the postponement to August, has not made any entry at the 2021 Henley Royal Regatta may represent any eligible club (but not a secondary school boat club) of which he or she is an eligible member, as long as the entry is in compliance with the other eligibility rules for the event.
- Any eligible member of the boat club of a college or university which, solely because of the postponement to August, has not made any entry at the 2021 Henley Royal Regatta may represent any eligible club (but not a college or university boat club) of which he or she is an eligible member, as long as the entry is in compliance with the other eligibility rules for the event.
- No one who has chosen to represent a club under the provisions of Amendments 3 and 4, shall be eligible to compete at the Regatta unless he or she is and has been a member of that club since at least Monday, 5th July, 2021 (Amendment 1 notwithstanding). Entries must be accompanied by a letter signed by both a Head of Rowing and a Headteacher, or by both a Chief Coach and a Director of Sport (as appropriate), confirming that the competitor became a member of the secondary school, college or university boat club by 14th April, 2021 and that the institution has been unable to make any entries because of the postponement of the Regatta.
YOUR BOAT MUST BE LICENSED
Boat Licence Scheme
Boats must be licensed by the Environment Agency through British Rowing, who will issue a boat identification code which must be printed and displayed clearly on every boat competing or training at the Regatta.