This Privacy & Cookies Policy outlines the way in which information relating to you, the user of the Website, is gathered and used by Henley Royal Regatta (referred to in this policy together as "we", "our" or "us"). By using this Website, you consent to the use (including transfer) of information as described below.
The Website has an online shop (https://www.hrr.co.uk/shop) through which we will sometimes collect your personal data when you enter into a transaction with us. The shop terms and conditions can be found at https://www.hrr.co.uk/shop-terms-conditions and the ticket terms and conditions be found at https://www.hrr.co.uk/henley-royal-regatta-ticket-terms-conditions.
We may occasionally modify our Privacy & Cookies Policy and will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. Please check our Privacy & Cookies Policy frequently to ensure you are aware of any changes.
2. What information do we collect?
When you shop on the Website or fill in forms, on the Website or otherwise, or sometimes when you contact us by telephone, we will ask you to input and we will collect personal information from you such as your name, contact information (such as your email address, billing address, delivery address and telephone number), product selections, certain payment information (although please note that all credit and debit card transactions are handled by SagePay, so we do not hold your card details) and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers (Personal Information).
We may also collect anonymous information about your visit e.g. the URL you came from, your browser type, the country where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, and any search terms that you entered on our website (User Information). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
3. How do we use your information?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use your information for the following reasons:
- for processing your orders and maintaining a record of customer correspondence and otherwise for internal record-keeping
- for statistical or survey purposes to improve our products and services
- to administer the Website and to notify you about changes to our service
- if you consent, to send promotional emails from time to time about the Regatta, new products or special offers which we think you may find interesting (using the email address which you have provided - see below for more details) and
- for the detection of fraud.
Outside of the Website, we may use your personal data for administering your participation in events, for example tickets and passes, or membership, as applicable
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, will only be stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and/or User Information, we are required to do so. We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties unless required to do so by law.
You can (subject to payment of an appropriate fee) at any time request a copy of Personal Information held about you by contacting us using the contact details below. In the unlikely event that the operations of Henley Royal Regatta are transferred to or integrated with another operation, your details may be disclosed to our advisors and to any transferee of those operations.
4. Marketing communications
When you place an order through the Website you will be given the option either to unsubscribe or to receive information from Henley Royal Regatta by post or email, about the Regatta and related products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. Please ensure you select the correct preferences for you by unticking the box if you do not wish to be contacted for those purposes. You may unsubscribe from our marketing contact list at any time by following the instructions in the email, by sending an email with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line to email@example.com or telephoning us on (+44 (0)1491 572153).
Your Personal Information will not be disclosed to other businesses (not wholly owned by Henley Royal Regatta) and we will not release your Personal Information to any third party for mailing or marketing purposes. However, depending on your chosen preferences, our marketing to you may include offers made on behalf of Henley Royal Regatta's official partners named on the Website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
When you use certain parts of the Website, we store a cookie in your browser which is needed to allow some services to work.
- For the shop. When you add an item to your shopping basket we use a cookie to store the contents of your basket. This cookie will be deleted after you checkout or when you empty your basket. If you create an account for the shop you will be given the option to store a cookie to save your delivery address(es) and/or remember your account details the next time you visit. Before we store your delivery information in the address book or your account details for the 'Remember Me' function, you will be given the chance to opt out of consenting to us saving this information. Please ensure you tick or untick the appropriate boxes if you do not want your information to be stored for this purpose.
- For website analytics purposes. We use Google Analytics to see how users interact with our Website, so we can make improvements to the service we provide. For example, if we can tell that our users are having difficulty finding a page we can improve the navigation, or if we know that a high proportion of our visitors view the site from mobile phones, we can improve the layout for those devices.
6. List of Cookies we use on the Website
Set out below is a list of the cookies we use on the Website and what information they store.
Standard cookie that PHP generates when you start a session on a website. Used to store details about your current site visit. Essential for basic functionality.
_ga / __gads / _gat
System functionality flag
General enquiries regarding this Privacy & Cookies Policy should be directed to:
Privacy / Cookies Enquiries
Henley Royal Regatta
Oxfordshire RG9 2LY
This Privacy & Cookies Policy was last updated in November 2017